Last Updated: February 2nd, 2021
ARBITRATION NOTICE. AS FURTHER SET FORTH HEREIN, YOU AGREE THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND COMPANY WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO RESOLVE ANY DISPUTES IN COURT (INCLUDING TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT OR CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION).
Prohibited Uses of the Properties.
You are solely responsible for your use of the Properties and any use of the services and actions taken using your account. To promote our goal of creating a positive, useful, and safe user experience, we prohibit certain kinds of conduct that may be harmful to Third Party Users (defined below) or us. Any unauthorized use of the Properties is expressly prohibited. For the avoidance of doubt, you hereby agree to the following:
- You may not use the Properties to participate in any activity that is in violation of any federal, state, or local law including without limitation, all regulatory, administrative and legislative authorities. You agree to comply with all laws, rules and regulations (for example, federal, state, local and provincial) applicable to your use of the Properties and your Communications (defined below), including but not limited to, intellectual property, privacy, and other criminal laws.
- Without limiting the foregoing or any other term therein, you shall not use the Properties to engage or post any of the following User Content in the following:
- The sale of any animal for a monetary fee, including, without limitation, to adopt, re-home, or purchase any pet;
- The trade, post, or sale of animal parts for compensation of any kind;
- Stud service or promotion of breeding;
- Endangered, imperiled, and/or protected species or part or materials related thereto, including, without limitation, furs, bones, and ivory;
- False, misleading, deceptive, or fraudulent content;
- Animals which you know to be violent or aggressive, or who have displayed such behaviors; and
- Any third party’s Personal Information or confidential or proprietary information.
- You shall not disable, hack, circumvent or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Properties or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Company Content or materials.
- You shall not destroy, interfere with or disrupt, or attempt to interfere with or disrupt (including scan, probe or test the vulnerability of), any web pages available on the Properties, servers or networks connected to the Properties or the technical delivery systems of Company’s providers or break any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Properties. You must not interfere or disrupt the Properties or servers or networks connected to the Properties, including by transmitting any worms, viruses, spyware, malware or any other code of a destructive or disruptive nature. You may not inject content or code or otherwise alter or interfere with the way any of the Properties are or Company Content is rendered or displayed in a Third Party User’s browser or device.
- You agree that you will not solicit, collect or use the login credentials or other confidential information of other users of the Properties (each and collectively, “Third Party Users”).
- You shall not defame, stalk, bully, abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate people or entities and you must not post private or confidential information via the Properties, including, without limitation, your or any other person’s credit card information, social security or alternate national identity numbers, non-public phone numbers or non-public email addresses.
- You shall not change, modify, adapt or alter the Properties or change, modify or alter another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Properties or Company.
- You shall not create or submit unwanted email, comments or other forms of commercial or harassing communications (a/k/a “spam”) to any Third Party Users.
- You shall not access or use the Properties through unauthorized means, including but not limited to, by using an automated device, script, bot, spider, crawler or scraper.
- You shall not infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any other person or entity.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secret and secure.
- Our Properties are intended to provide a safe and supportive environment to allow pets in need of new homes to stay out of the shelter and go directly into new homes. We expect all of our users to support our goals by (i) always being respectful and polite while using our Properties, (ii) refrain from posting any User Content which contains personal attacks, excessive criticism, foul language, negativity, threats, or any language which may incite illegal activity or violence, or (iii) refraining from publicly posting Personal Information of themselves or others.
- We may moderate our users’ access and use to the Properties in our sole discretion and take any action we may deem fit, including, without limitation, by blocking (e.g. IP addresses), filtering, deleting, delaying, omitting, verifying, and/or terminating any user’s access to or use of the Properties or User Content. Notwithstanding, we are not liable for moderating such activity and you shall have no expectation of our moderating activities.
- We are not responsible if information made available on the Properties is not accurate, complete or current. The material on the Properties is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk.
- The Properties may contain certain historical information. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of the Properties at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on the Properties. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our site. We reserve the right to refuse access to the Properties to anyone for any reason at any time.
The Properties may allow you to upload, submit, store, send, or receive content and data (“User Content“). You retain ownership of any intellectual property rights that you hold in that User Content. When you upload, submit, store, send, or receive User Content to or through the Properties, you grant to us and those we work with a non-exclusive, fully-paid, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, transferable and sub-licensable right and license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as translations or adaptations), publicly perform, publicly display, and distribute your User Content on or in connection with the Properties.
You represent and warrant that: (i) you own all rights to your User Content or, alternatively, that you have the right to give us the rights described above; and (ii) your User Content does not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, or other legal rights of any third party. You are solely responsible for all claims arising from User Content.
We may refuse to accept or transmit User Content for any reason. We may remove User Content from the Properties for any reason.
At various places in connection with the Properties, you may find testimonials from clients and Licensees. The testimonials are actual statements made by clients and have been truthfully conveyed. Although these testimonials are truthful statements about results obtained by these clients, the results obtained by these clients are not necessarily typical. You specifically recognize and agree that the testimonials are not a guarantee of results that you or anyone else will obtain by using any products or Properties offered by the Company
Linked Sites and Third Party Websites.
If there is a dispute between users of our Properties, or between users and any third party, you shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Company from and against any and all claims, costs, liabilities, judgements, or other losses of any kind related thereto. In the event that you have a dispute with any other user of the Properties, you hereby release Company and its affiliates and sponsors, and each of their respective officers, employees, agents, and successors from claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes or the Properties.
You acknowledge and agree that we have no responsibility for the information, content, products, services, advertising, code or other materials which may or may not be provided by or through Linked Sites. Links to Linked Sites do not constitute an endorsement or sponsorship by us of such websites or the information, content, products, services, code or other materials presented on or through such websites. The inclusion of any link to such Linked Sites on our Properties does not imply our endorsement or recommendation of that site and we do not represent or warrant that the contents of any third party website is accurate, compliant with state or federal law, or compliant with copyright or other intellectual property laws. Any access to or reliance on the contents of a third party website is done at your own risk.
No Special Relationship.
Your use of the Properties – including implementation of any suggestions and/or use of any resources provided in connection therewith – does not create an attorney-client or other special or professional relationship between you and the Company. You acknowledge and agree that we have not created any professional-client relationship by the use of the Properties.
Content should not be considered legal, tax, or financial advice. Such advice should be obtained from a qualified financial, legal, or tax advisor based on your individual situation. We make no representation or warranty, express or implied, of any kind as to the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability for a particular purpose, or availability with respect to the Content contained on the Properties. Some of the information is relevant only in the U.S., and may not be relevant to or compliant with the laws, regulations or other legal requirements of other countries. It is your responsibility to determine whether, how and to what extent your intended use of the information, Content, and Properties will be technically and legally possible in the areas of the world where you intend to use them. You are advised to verify any information before using it for any personal, financial, accounting, legal, or business purpose.
The information provided within or in connection with the Properties is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject Company to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. We reserve the right to limit the availability of the Properties or any portion of the Properties, to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction, at any time and in our sole discretion, and to limit the quantities of any content, program, product, Property or other feature that Company provides.
Disclaimer of Warranties
The information contained on the Website or provided in connection with the Properties, including, without limitation, resources made available for download through the Website or Properties is intended for educational purposes only and is not intended as, and shall not be understood or construed as, legal, financial, tax, or other professional advice. Regardless of anything to the contrary, nothing available on or through this Website should be understood as a recommendation that you should not consult with an attorney or other professional to address your particular information. Company expressly recommends that you seek advice from an attorney and other professional prior to taking any actions based thereon. The Company Parties (defined below) shall not be held liable or responsible for any errors or omissions on or in connection with the Services, or for any damage you may suffer as a result of failing to seek competent legal or professional advice from a licensed attorney or other professional who is familiar with your situation.
THE PROPERTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL SERVICES, COMPANY CONTENT (INCLUDING COMMUNICATIONS), FUNCTIONS, AND ALL OTHER MATERIALS PROVIDED OR DISPLAYED THROUGH THE PROPERTIES IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, NEITHER COMPANY NOR ITS PARENT COMPANY NOR ANY OF THEIR EMPLOYEES, MANAGERS, OFFICERS OR AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “COMPANY PARTIES”) MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OR ENDORSEMENTS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION AS TO INFORMATION, DATA, DATA PROCESSING, UPTIME OR UNINTERRUPTED ACCESS, THE AVAILABILITY, USABILITY, ACCURACY, PRECISION, CORRECTNESS, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS, AND SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION TO COMPANY OR VIA THE PROPERTIES. THE COMPANY PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE FOREGOING WARRANTIES AS WELL AS THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, CUSTOM, TRADE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, SYSTEM INTEGRATION AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS.
BY ACCESSING OR USING THE PROPERTY YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOUR ACTIVITIES ARE LAWFUL IN EVERY JURISDICTION WHERE YOU ACCESS OR USE THE PROPERTY.
THE COMPANY PARTIES DO NOT ENDORSE CONTENT AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE (WHETHER ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHERWISE), INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY OR OTHER CAUSE OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER BASED UPON OR RESULTING FROM ANY CONTENT.
Limitation of Liability; Waiver
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE COMPANY PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, ECONOMIC, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES) THAT ARE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO: (A) THE PROPERTIES; (B) THE COMPANY CONTENT (INCLUDING COMMUNICATIONS); (C) YOUR USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE PERFORMANCE OF THE PROPERTIES; (D) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH AN INVESTIGATION BY THE COMPANY PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES REGARDING YOUR OR ANY OTHER PARTY’S USE OF THE PROPERTIES; (E) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH COPYRIGHT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNERS; (F) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE PROPERTIES’ OPERATION; OR (G) ANY DAMAGE TO ANY USER’S OR THIRD PARTY USER’S COMPUTER, MOBILE DEVICE, OR OTHER EQUIPMENT OR TECHNOLOGY INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGE FROM ANY SECURITY BREACH OR FROM ANY VIRUS, BUGS, TAMPERING, FRAUD, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER LINE OR NETWORK FAILURE OR ANY OTHER TECHNICAL OR OTHER MALFUNCTION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, WORK STOPPAGE, ACCURACY OF RESULTS, OR COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE OR EVEN IF THE COMPANY PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WHETHER CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY NEGLIGENCE, ACTS OF GOD, TELECOMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, OR THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF THE PROPERTY). IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT SOME OF THE EVENTS, ACTIVITIES OR ACTIONS TAKEN BY YOU WHETHER IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROPERTY OR OTHERWISE CARRY CERTAIN INHERENT AND SIGNIFICANT RISKS OF PROPERTY DAMAGE, BODILY INJURY OR DEATH AND THAT YOU VOLUNTARILY ASSUME ALL KNOWN AND UNKNOWN RISKS ASSOCIATED THEREWITH EVEN IF CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE ACTION OR INACTION OR NEGLIGENCE OF COMPANY OR BY THE ACTION, IN ACTION OR NEGLIGENCE OF OTHERS. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT COMPANY DOES NOT ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SUPERVISION, PREPARATION, OR CONDUCT OF ANY ACTIVITY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY PARTIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR CAUSES OR ACTION EXCEED ONE HUNDRED UNITED STATES DOLLARS ($100.00 USD).
YOU AGREE THAT IN THE EVENT YOU INCUR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES OR INJURIES THAT ARISE OUT OF COMPANY’S ACTS OR OMISSIONS, THE DAMAGES, IF ANY, CAUSED TO YOU ARE NOT IRREPARABLE OR SUFFICIENT TO ENTITLE YOU TO AN INJUNCTION PREVENTING ANY EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEB SITE, PROPERTY, PRODUCT OR OTHER CONTENT OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY THE COMPANY PARTIES, AND YOU WILL HAVE NO RIGHTS TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, DISTRIBUTION, ADVERTISING, EXHIBITION OR EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEB SITE, PROPERTY, PRODUCT, OR OTHER CONTENT OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY THE COMPANY PARTIES.
BY ACCESSING THE PROPERTIES, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU MAY BE WAIVING RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CLAIMS THAT ARE AT THIS TIME UNKNOWN OR UNSUSPECTED, AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH SUCH WAIVER, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND, AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE, THE BENEFITS OF SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA, AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY, WHICH PROVIDES AS FOLLOWS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, THAT IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.”
COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
WE EACH AGREE THAT, EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THE DEFINITION OF DISPUTES BELOW, ANY AND ALL DISPUTES WHETHER PRESENTLY IN EXISTENCE OR BASED ON ACTS OR OMISSIONS IN THE PAST OR IN THE FUTURE, INCLUDING ALL ISSUES RELATING TO THE ENFORCEABILITY, INTERPRETATION, SCOPE, AND APPLICATION OF THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT (SUCH AS “GATEWAY” ISSUES OF ARBITRABILITY, WHETHER THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT IS UNCONSCIONABLE OR ILLUSORY AND ANY DEFENSE TO ARBITRATION) WILL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY AND FINALLY BY BINDING ARBITRATION RATHER THAN IN COURT BY A JUDGE OR JURY, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT.
Class Action Waiver.
If the foregoing class action waiver (“Class Action Waiver”) or any portion thereof is found to be invalid, illegal, unenforceable, unconscionable, void or voidable, then the Arbitration Agreement will be unenforceable, and the Dispute will be decided by a court. Any claim that all or part of the Class Action Waiver is invalid, illegal, unenforceable, unconscionable, void or voidable may be determined only by a court of competent jurisdiction and not by an arbitrator.
Definition of Dispute.
However, “Disputes” SHALL NOT include claims that all or part of the Class Action Waiver is invalid, unenforceable, unconscionable, void or voidable, or any claim for public injunctive relief, i.e., injunctive relief that has the primary purpose and effect of prohibiting alleged unlawful acts that threaten future injury to the general public. Such claims may be determined only by a court of competent jurisdiction and not by an arbitrator.
How Will the Arbitration Work?
Either you or Company may initiate arbitration proceedings. The arbitration will be conducted before a single arbitrator. The arbitration will be an individual arbitration, and shall in no event be commenced as a representative or class arbitration. The JAMS Comprehensive Arbitration Rules & Procedures and the JAMS Recommended Arbitration Discovery Protocols for Domestic, Commercial Cases will apply. The JAMS rules are available at www.jamsadr.com or by calling 1-800-352-5267.
If required for the enforceability of the Arbitration Agreement under the Federal Arbitration Act, Company will pay all arbitrator’s costs and expenses. If not, those costs will be paid as specified in the above-referenced rules.
Where Will the Arbitration Be Held?
The parties agree to bring the arbitration in Boise, Idaho. As set forth in “Governing Law & Venue” section below, the arbitrator will apply Idaho law.
Time Limitation on Claims.
You agree that any claim you may have arising out of or related to your relationship with Company must be filed within 1 year after such claim arose; otherwise, your claim is permanently barred. This provision expressly survives the termination of your relationship with Company.
State Nonprofit Disclosures
Friends of the Shelter dba Home To Home is a charitable organization exempt from taxation under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3) formed to create and support meaningful connections by enhancing the lives of dogs, cats and the people in our community who love them. A copy of the Friends of the Shelter dba Home To Home’s most recent financial information is available by written request at email@example.com.
Governing Law & Venue.