After lots of thoughtful deliberation, we have made the incredibly difficult decision to re-home our Siberian Husky Frisco 😭 We rescued Frisco in Feb 2021 and he’s been a wonderful companion with us on our life journey since that time! We’ve gone on countless hikes, traveled across the country on a road trip to Glacier National Park in Montana, climbed a few mountains, and have enjoyed (multiple) daily walks with him around our neighborhood.
Back in November 2022, we welcomed our son to our home, and Frisco was pretty good with him until he started moving around more. Over the past month or so, Frisco has started displaying signs of anxiety whenever our son crawls towards him. Currently we keep them separated by different means including gates, and there are no issues with aggression or attempts to bite our son. But that is exactly what we are trying to avoid. We don’t want to put Frisco in that position.
He is a great companion and fun-loving dog, but he just does not seem to be doing well with an unpredictable infant crawling around the house. If you are interested in adopting Frisco (or know someone that might be a good fit and interested), please leave a comment or send a message! We are not in a rush, so if you are interested but don’t think you are ready quite yet, no worries - just let us know! He is currently wrapping up a 2 week board-and-train, so if you would like to adopt him fresh off some new training, now would be a great time!
- Potty trained and house trained [somewhat crate trained, but we let him free roam while we are gone/night].
- Does well at home by himself.
- ~70 lbs, eats about 3 cups of dog food per day.
- We will provide his bed, crate, toys, and any food we have leftover.
- Recently completed 2 week board and train with Eternal K9
- 2 additional training sessions with Eternal K9 still available
- Large, fenced-in backyard would be a plus. But with that said, we lived with him for the first 6 months in a 3rd floor apartment, so as long as you take him on multiple daily walks and play with him, he would be fine.
- He’s a great hang at any brewery.
- He is good with teenagers and adults. Infants, toddlers, and young kids (see above) would not be the best situation.
- If you are an active person/couple that likes to hike that is looking for a dog to join you on your adventures, Frisco would love to squad up!
- Needs a home with no cats, he is also hit or miss with other dogs.
We can share more info and answer any questions you may have - just DM or leave a comment and we can reach out. Thanks for any help you can provide in helping us find Frisco a great new home!